For the manner in which men live is so different from the way in which they ought to live, that he who leaves the common course for that which he ought to follow will find that it leads him to ruin rather than safety.
-Machiavelli

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Carrying On...

Forward progress...


So...the other night we saw some red burlap getting ready to go into the press. This is the raw block, ready to get cut into handles.


Another lathe project. I thought it smart to make another lanyard tube clamp.

The second completed clamp. I tend to make knives in pairs, so having two of these seemed to be a good idea.

Secret squirrel shit here. Forget you saw a thing...

Working on tonight's handles. I LOVE this burlap. Right now, burlap micarta has to be my favorite handle material. I can play with colors, textures, everything!! It opens a lot of ideas.

Test driving the new clamps. We'll see what happens tomorrow. At the time I was assembling all of this a light came on and I thought it prudent to wax the threads for the clamps so that I don't epoxy the clamps together. That would not end well!

Prepping two more sets of scales. These will get installed tomorrow. My squares are five and half inches per side, which allows for four scales...or two knives.

No comments:

Post a Comment