For the manner in which men live is so different from the way in which they ought to live, that he who leaves the common course for that which he ought to follow will find that it leads him to ruin rather than safety.
-Machiavelli

Thursday, February 16, 2017

Busy On My New Design

Spent my evening on the Tacti-Hunter

The top one is the first Tacti-Hunter...it will serve as a template. Bottom will become the first finished knife.


I don't know about you...but that's a lovely sight to me. I've got some handle decisions to make.

Back to the block that I started dimensioning yesterday. This step will help secure the blade during grinding. I estimated where the angle would come to, then moved the line up a little. This is one of those times when it's OK to eyeball some non-critical dimensions.

Lining up the angle table to cut the base of the jig.

Milling the angled face.

Test drive at 50 grit. This is a thick blade...believe it or not, 50 grit will take a while. I should have some new 36 grit belts tomorrow and they will grind that bevel lickity-split. The grinding jig is set for a 9 degree bevel...for an 18 degree included angle. I can't wait to get this knife ground up and into the kiln! It should be a fun one to finish up.


No comments:

Post a Comment