For the manner in which men live is so different from the way in which they ought to live, that he who leaves the common course for that which he ought to follow will find that it leads him to ruin rather than safety.
-Machiavelli

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Keep It Moving

Just another day. Gotta keep that progress moving along...

I try to stay organized. Sometimes I do...sometimes I don't. Baby steps!! One thing I did to this end is to get all of my handle hardware sorted and to establish storage for spare drill bits. I like to have 2 or 3 spares of all of my most used drill bits on hand. Since a drill index only holds one of each size, these little Plano boxes are perfect for the back ups. The drill bits in the hardware box have specific purposes related to handles, so they are stored there.


One way to be more efficient is to make things toolless. Thumb screws and hand knobs are great for this. Now I have thumb screws for my blade jigs. Now I don't need to use a screw driver to remove and replace blades during grinding.

The four blades that were heat treated yesterday. The flats are ground up to 120 grit and the bevels to 80 grit. I'll keep working them up through the grit progression, and then they will be ready for handles.


I decided that my new design, the Slim Tacti-Hunter is a keeper. That means it's time to make a grinding jig for it. I got started on squaring up the stock for the jig before calling it a night. I should be able to finish this up tomorrow evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment