For the manner in which men live is so different from the way in which they ought to live, that he who leaves the common course for that which he ought to follow will find that it leads him to ruin rather than safety.
-Machiavelli

Monday, February 13, 2017

Tomorrow Should Be More Exciting

A pretty boring evening. Sometimes gym days mean that my evening is a bit slow.


Every time I use that mill stop I'm glad I made it. I love the ability to remove and replace parts, or make multiple parts without having to relocate them every time. This time around, I'm making two nearly identical parts. In the vise is a piece of scrap, but we have to economize where we can...and this scrap is big enough to make what I need.



The only difference between the two is that one will have tapped holes for 1/4-20 threads and the other will have clearance holes. The next operation involves boring a clearance hole for a 1.25" die in the center. My idea is to use these as a sandwich clamp in conjunction with a dimple die. It should cut down on the the distortion in the part when the dimple die does its thing.
Apart from that, I made some black heart valentine cookies. Because I'm single...and jaded...and generally hate Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment