For the manner in which men live is so different from the way in which they ought to live, that he who leaves the common course for that which he ought to follow will find that it leads him to ruin rather than safety.
-Machiavelli

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

A Very Good Afternoon

Occasionally, I get to leave the day job a couple hours early. Which is what I did today. For some reason, this act has a tremendous effect on my motivation. I got home ready to hit the shop. And hit the shop I did!!!

OK...this is actually from yesterday. Not my knife. It's a Cold Steel that belongs to a coworker. He wanted a new sheath, and I wanted to practice working with Kydex. I think it turned out pretty good. Gawd, that's a bit knife, though.


Also from yesterday...new chef's knife was ready for heat treat before I went to bed.

Present time! I sandblasted these four Outdoor knives. I want to try something just a little different.

I got my new Chef's knife into heat treat.

Two of the Outdoor knives will stay sandblasted all over. The other two will have ground bevels.

Exploring contrast. A ground bevel against a blasted flat. I think I'm going to like the look.

Tacti-Hunter getting a black canvas micarta handle.

Rainbows on the Chef's knife after heat treat.

I had my burlap micarta handles all ready for two of the Outdoor knives and changed course just a bit. I thought black liners would add that extra touch they might need.

The Chef's knife had just a little bend to it after heat treat. Into my little fixture for a while.


That's a good afternoon if I've ever seen one!!! Handles onto three knives. Two more ready for handles. One just about ready for a handle. I hope to carry some of this momentum forward for a few days! I think the two remaining Outdoor knives should also get burlap handles. In order to do that, I'll need to lay up some more micarta. So it might take a couple of days until they are done. That's fine, I have plenty to keep me busy in the meantime.

No comments:

Post a Comment