For the manner in which men live is so different from the way in which they ought to live, that he who leaves the common course for that which he ought to follow will find that it leads him to ruin rather than safety.
-Machiavelli

Sunday, February 19, 2017

The Last Couple of Days...

...have been exhausting.
Anywho, I've been working on some grinding guides and other tid bits. I also spent some time on a secret squirrel project that I can't show here per my customer's request.

The Tacti-Hunter. Something was bugging me about the grind. We'll get to that in a minute.


Starting a new chef's knife. I will be making a grinding guide for this one.

Pizza break! Saturday evening ritual.

A break from knifemaking and tool making to work on the truck. I've been getting a lot of smoke. The passenger side valve cover was leaking. Good thing the driver's side valve cover is still good(ish) and I can wait to replace it. I need to pull the intake off and that makes it about a 5 hour job.

Something's fishy. Bugging me.... I measured the included angle, which should have been 18 degrees. It was more like 14-15 degrees. Also, I was having trouble keeping it consistent.


Something didn't feel right when I started the guide for my chef's knife. I was somehow out of adjustment. A light came on and I decided to check on the Tacti-Hunter.

Recutting the Tacti-Hunter guide. Take note of the line I'm pointing to with the little screwdriver. Somewhere in my set up when I milled it, I was WAY off!!! Not only was my angle off, it was out of straight as well. I'm usually very good about getting my set ups on point. I either got lazy or cocky. I don't care which, I've got it fixed.

First test drive of the chef's knife guide. This one went well. I'll get this one finished up during the week. I need to run a test drive for the other guide as well. However, this is where I was at the end of my night...so they will have to wait until later.

No comments:

Post a Comment