For the manner in which men live is so different from the way in which they ought to live, that he who leaves the common course for that which he ought to follow will find that it leads him to ruin rather than safety.
-Machiavelli

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Kydex Belt Clip

Continuing on from yesterday, I did a little more work towards making my belt clips from Kydex.

Today I milled a female piece to go with the belt clip mold. Usually Kydex is molded between foam...I wanted something sharper. To make this work, the thickness of the kydex (.080") needs to be taken into account. The female part is two thicknesses (.160") wider than the male part.


The first sheath with a Kydex clip. This clip is 1" wide and fits a 1.5" belt. I think the idea has some merit, and I'm going to spend some more time exploring it. I need to give it a little more thought and tweak it some...but for now it is totally functional.

2 comments:

  1. Mark where have you been? You didn't dump your bike again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Ralph! No, nothing like that. Work has had me running around a lot lately, and not home very much. I have completed some projects that I should probably post. Write ups got knocked down my priority list a little. Right now, my shop is pretty much shut down while I do some work on the floor...so there won't be much new stuff for a while. I'll get some new content up soon.

      Delete