For the manner in which men live is so different from the way in which they ought to live, that he who leaves the common course for that which he ought to follow will find that it leads him to ruin rather than safety.
-Machiavelli

Monday, April 24, 2017

Sheath Stuff

Making this sheath got me thinking about things. For one, I don't like how these belt clips only have a single hole. It allows them to turn and that's no fun (so I added another hole and second rivet). Next was, "how do I make a better belt clip?"


The "show" side of the sheath for my C-Tek Mini. I like it. It looks good. I have to say that making two piece sheaths lends better results for me than folding them.

My mission tonight was to work on a way to make belt clips from Kydex. Here, I'm milling a positive mold.

All done.

Belt clip in process.

A semi finished belt clip. There is plenty of excess material that can be trimmed off later after it is riveted to the sheath. I am considering making this from thicker material to add some stiffness. Also, instead of pressing it over the mold with foam, I may try an aluminum negative to press it. That will make the entire process more accurate and repeatable. Stay tuned, we'll see how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment