For the manner in which men live is so different from the way in which they ought to live, that he who leaves the common course for that which he ought to follow will find that it leads him to ruin rather than safety.
-Machiavelli

Friday, June 9, 2017

"Why You No Posting?"

Well, I'll tell ya! My day job is sending me away all the time and I basically have my shop shut down at the moment. Let's have a look...

This has nothing to do with my lack of posts. It's just my new ride. My dad and I have talked for YEARS about getting a nice little sports car together. Well, we finally did it! A '99 Porsche Boxster. Right within our price range, and super fun to drive. I've had a love affair with Porsche since I can remember. Now I actually have one!!! How exciting is that? It has a couple of minor things that need work, but I am still super stoked about this.


My primary workshop is in my basement. My house is small, and my basement is about 570 sq feet. There was a shelf that ran between the chimney on the left and the pillar on the right. It has now been removed. The plastic shelves are out, as is everything that they contained. The rest of my house is a messy storage unit as I go through this process.

From the far corner of my basement. Basically standing at my knife grinder. What I'm really up to is clearing everything out so that I can resurface my floor. It's chipped and uneven and generally not nice to look at. My walls are also bubblegum pink...and that will change as well. Removing the shelves, that would have run right through the middle of this picture, totally opens up the basement. I can make a much more efficient workspace now. All of that wood piled up on the far side is now on its way to the burn pile (as in...it's in my truck so I can run it to my dad's place and burn it there).

I started on a new table for my milling machine. I need to get this done soon.

All of the wood from the shelving, all cut up, and ready to take up to my pop's place in the a.m.

Current state. Wood is out, bandsaw is still in. I have to break this up into four areas. I also need to rent a concrete grinder and make a shit ton of dust before this is all over. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment