For the manner in which men live is so different from the way in which they ought to live, that he who leaves the common course for that which he ought to follow will find that it leads him to ruin rather than safety.
-Machiavelli

Monday, July 17, 2017

Saying Goodbye...

...to one of my bikes. After four and a half years, it's time to send my Aprilia off to her new home. I've been considering this move since last fall. My day job leaves little time to ride, and this is not my only bike. I have plans for my Porsche, and other tools and machines that I would like to add, so something had to give.

My one big hangup was that I didn't want to sell it to some dude-brah type guy. No. Just no. Aprilias are special machines that deserve good homes. The new owner intends to make her into a track bike, and that couldn't make me happier. He is also a big RSVR enthusiast. I found the perfect home for my bike, where she will get the love that a machine like this deserves!

Add caption
Honestly, I never got fully comfortable with this machine. Not long after I bought it (and before I rode it the first time) was when I was in my crash. I've been a little gun shy ever since. I'm familiar with my Triumph, and I still have confidence when I ride it. This was a different machine, though. I get freaked out sometimes when I'm riding, and that is not good. That's not a feeling I get on my chopper. So, the time has come to part ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment